Pages

Followers

Monday 29 September 2014

"My Heart Is Yours"

"My Heart Is Yours"
Red and White Easel Heart Card


I recently discovered Gift Box Easel Cards.

I wanted to try something completely different to what other people had made so I thought up the idea of making Heart Box Easel Card. 

I have studied various techniques and styles of boxes but ended up working for two days on my own design as the heart box styles I downloaded off Google just did not suit my needs. I started off with my Cherry Lynn Hearts Dies utilizing various sizes ensuring I had a top and bottom heart, I then cut a strip and scored along the strip and cut out "V" sections to curve around the lower part of the heart. Once I had the bottom heart attached with the heart box wall I then went around the edge with the glue gun of the top heart and glued it to the box. 

I then attached Ribbon and printed paper with double sided adhesive around the box heart then rolled a heart cut shape over the box to give it extra lacy effect. I then stacked up my heart boxes and completed my Heart Box Easel Card.
The Easel itself is actually separate to the platform, this being to stabilize it with all of the weight of my heart box and Digital etc. I have layered extra Cardstock on the walls of the Easel to give it strength and support. The platform I have cut out a separate piece of cardstock and then attached the Easel with double sided adhesive to the platform then decorated my Easel.

Here also is a link for making heart shaped boxes:  Heart Shaped Boxes



Correction to this document ~ should read
"Fold your Easel into (Triangle) shape not (Diamond) shape" 



Recipe:
  • Sherri Ann Baldy's My Besties Digital Stamp IMG238 
  • Kaisercraft Cardstock
  • Hearts Embossing Folder
  • Bella Glitz Cardstock
  • Red and White Paper Mulberry Roses Ebay
  • Red and White Designer Check Paper from old stash
  • White Gel Pen
  • My Heart Is Yours from Craftworks Sticker Book of Phrases
  • Banners Dies: Spellbinders Shapeabilities S5-030 
  • Gold Gel Pen to cover the white Plastic Corners
  • 1/2" Red Satin Ribbon Spotlight
  • Heart Dies: Cheery Lynn Designs
  • Gold Quill Paper
  • Stylecraft Crystals
  • 1" White Satin Ribbon from Spotlight
  • Copics: R27 R17 E35 E15 E59YG63
Entry No. 116 ~ Imagination Crafts ~ Challenge September Anything Goes
Finishes on: 6/10/14
http://imagination-craftschallenges.blogspot.com.au/2014/09/september-challenge-anything-goes.html 

Entry No. 9 ~ Ooh La La Challenge #166 ~ Use a Bow
Finishes on: 12th October 2014
http://ooh-la-la-creationschallenges.blogspot.com.au/2014/09/challenge-166.html 

1st Prize Winner ~ (86 Entries)
Entry No. 13 ~ Love To Create Challenge # 135 ~ Ribbon
Finishes on 6th October 2014
http://lovetocreatechallenge.blogspot.com.au/2014/09/challenge-135-love-of-ribbon.html 


Entry No. 22 ~ Die Cutting Divas # 185 ~ Anything Goes
Finishes on:
http://diecuttindivas.blogspot.com.au/2014/09/challenge-185-anything-goes.html  

Entry No. ~ Glitter and Sparkle ~ Anything with a "B" ~ I have used Bows
Finishes on: 11/10/14
http://glitternsparklechallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/challenge-105.html 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. super work Annette - thankyou so much for joining us at Imagination crafts this month. Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!!! I love that idea of a gift box...very clever!!!! Gorgeous work!!!! THANKS for joining us at Love to Create this week!!! Good luck!
    Hugs,
    Chris, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Anette - sooo much work has gone into this one! Thanks for sharing with us at Glitter n Sparkle - Vic, DT X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply gorgeous project love the lattice hearts thank you for entering our use a bow challenge at Ooh La La creations
    Alli x

    ReplyDelete